As a twinmom, people always ask if there are twins in the family. It's common knowledge, but how do twins run in families? We’ve all heard twins run in families, but few people really know why, how, or if twins are genetic. So let's answer the question, if and why do...
Not sure what to pack for hospital birth? These are the absolute essentials to add to your hospital bag checklist!
We’re just sharing the absolute musts that moms say they are glad they added to their hospital bag checklist before the baby came.
Trying to think of what to pack for hospital birth can be overwhelming, especially if you’re a first-time mom. So let’s ease that stress so you can relax while you wait for your little one’s arrival instead of getting hung up on the hospital bag checklist.
Over 20 moms gave us the inside scoop on what they thought were the most important things they packed in their hospital bag, and what they wish they would have added to their hospital bag checklist and missed. And of course, I add my own 2cents.
Use your own judgment too. This list is full of suggestions, but if you know you have worn a robe and absolutely hate them, then maybe skip it and get a comfy cardigan instead (that’s what I did). Plus, I’ve included some affiliate links, so if you purchase anything from this list I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.
The Essential Hospital Bag Checklist:
- Insurance info
- Birth Plan (extra copies)
- Essential Oils (there are awesome PMS blends that helped me with lower back discomfort during birth)
- Comfy Outfits (Pregnancy yoga pants, soft t’s, and warm socks were my go-to)
- Robe or Sweater (I loved having a big comfy cardigan.)
- FridayMom Peri Bottle (So much nicer than the peri bottles they give you at the hospital)
- Pads and/or Mom Diapers (The hospital will usually have some for you, but if you have a preferred brand or style, then bring them)
- Breastpump (If you don’t have one, check out Aeroflow where they help you get one for free from your insurance.)
- Haakaa (Catch all the liquid gold leaking out while you nurse on the other side)
- Facewash, Body wash, Shampoo, Conditioner (and one mom also recommended a detangling spray because you’ll probably be too tired to get all the knots out. The hospital usually has this stuff there, but you might prefer your own.)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Lip gloss or chapstick
- Water Bottle (The hospital will have cups, but I liked having my own water bottle that could hold much more water.)
- Nursing bra/tank
- Hairbands, Headbands, and Bobby Pins
- Charger for Phone (One mama made the awesome tip to get on that is extralong so it can reach where you need it to!)
- Favorite playlist (My hubby played a specific birth playlist for me and it definitely helped me out a ton!)
- Noise-canceling headphones (So you can tune out all that’s going on and focus.)
- Skincare and Makeup (I didn’t bring a lot, but I did like going through the routine of some basic skincare to feel more like a human again after that first postbirth shower)
- Your own towels, pillow, and blanket (Some mamas just can’t get comfy with the ones at the hospital)
- Snacks (Pro-mom tip so you have fuel for late-night nursing sessions)
- Going home outfit for you (I usually pack my favorite pregnancy outfit that is comfy. You’ll still need to wear your pregnancy clothes for a while.)
- Going home outfit for the baby/ies (I always chose a comfy sleeper.)
- Extra newborn clothes for at hospital (Sleepers with zippers are my fav)
Did we miss anything? Share with us what was on your hospital bag checklist! Comment below with your best tips on what to pack in hospital bag.
Today was my 5-year-old daughter’s very first dance recital, ever. I was not prepared. When she started soccer, I was not prepared emotionally for it, but this time, I was pretty well armed for all the feels. Especially when it came to realize how much she’s growing...
2019 is winding down, and preparations for 2020 are already underway for many. Instead of a resolution, have you thought about trying one of these word fo the year ideas? I love these 100 word of the year ideas you can use as a way to guide your intentions, goals,...
Sometimes you need some inspiration, and sometimes you need to laugh. These are mom memes we can all relate to whether they're funny, true, serious, or silly. I don't know about you, but on those tough when that I just need a little distraction from the chaos of...
Dreaming of accomplishing some big goals soon? These quotes for following your dreams will keep you going when you need some inspiration. Need some inspirational quotes for following your dreams? When you are setting big goals for yourself, you'll inevitably...
Need to get some nutrition in your little one ASAP when they have a stomach bug? Try a smoothie for flu that is delicious AND nutritious. A few years ago, when my daughter who was then a toddler had the stomach flu, I jotted down this post to give other moms some...
For many of us, Winter is fastly approaching, bringing with it a feeling hibernation. Time to snuggle in and get cozy, and get acquainted with what is Hygge. My kids and I love spending time outdoors. We like hiking and playing in our backyard. When the weather is...
The only thing that might be as hard as quitting an old habit, is forming habits you want to cultivate. These 5 steps will help you start new habits, and actually keep them. This last year I have been extra committed to making some improvements in my life. I didn’t...
My firstborn recently turned 5 years old, and it has been a bit of an emotional roller coaster. But I now feel like I've crossed some threshold in motherhood, and would love to impart the bits of wisdom I've accumulated to you. These are five of the many lessons I've...
Need ideas for your Christmas bucket list? These are the 25 things I chose to add to ours this year, and am sharing to give you a bit of inspiration. But before we dive in... What is a Christmas bucket list? Simple. It's just a list of activities you want to do during...