Practicing gratitude is a proven way to increase happiness, and gratitude challenge is an awesome way to get into the habit of appreciating all you have.
These 30 days of gratitude prompts that will help you kick off a gratitude challenge so you can make journaling and keeping a gratitude journal a habit is a great place to start!
What is a gratitude challenge?
It’s super simple! You just make the intention of focusing on gratitude for a certain period of time so that you can get into the habit of practicing gratitude every day.
How to do a gratitude challenge?
All you have to do to follow along with this gratitude challenge is to grab yourself a journal or place to write. That can be either in a phsyical journal or notebook, or you can use a note app on your phone.
Then bookmark this page so you can refer to it daily for 30 days.
Finally, put it on your calendar. Set an alarm to go off each day on your calendar or alarm app to ensure you don’t forget! But of course, if you do miss a day or two, no big deal! Just start. Progress is better than perfection.
Ready? Awesome! Let’s do this!
Just check out the list of 30 gratitude prompts and get ready to start your gratitude challenge.
- Set a timer for 5 minutes and list as much as you can that you’re grateful for in that time.
- Pick one thing from your list and spend 5 minutes journaling on that one thing and why you are grateful for it.
- What from your list do you give the least attention to and why? Journal about how to can show more appreciation for it.
- What’s not on the list? What do you want to be on there that’s missing?
- What are you grateful about NOT being in your life? Is there something you released or let go of that has added to your well being?
- Choose a person in your life you are grateful for and write about why.
- What about your self? What are you grateful for about yourself?
- How is your life different than it was a year ago, and why are you grateful for that change?
- What is something you’ve been taking for granted?
- Look outside your door or window. What is something you see that you are grateful for?
- Who is a teacher or mentor who has impacted your life? Journal about why you are grateful for how they helped you.
- What is one thing you accomplished today?
- Look around the room. List all of the things you see that you are grateful for.
- Think of a quote that you love and write about why.
- Write about your favorite creative activity and why.
- What upcoming activity or plan are you looking forward to?
- Write about a moment in your life that brought you pure joy.
- What do you love about your body?
- What is something someone has done for you recently?
- How have you helped someone else recently?
- Write about where you live. Your neighborhood or city. What do you love about it?
- What is your greatest strength?
- What is your favorite food?
- What do you love about your job?
- What is your favorite season and why?
- Is there something in your life that is bothering you? How can you turn around into a positive?
- Family. What does family mean to you?
- What have you improved on? A goal reached or gotten closer to?
- What is a place you are grateful for having visited?
- How do you feel about having completed this gratitude challenge?
Feeling more grateful? How has participating in a gratitude challenge changed your day-to-day life? Are you more centered? Happier? Feel more connected to yourself and those around you? Let me know in the comments!
Want more breastfeeding tips? Find us on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.facebookinstagrampinterest Got a stage 5 clinger who won't let go of your boob? Like your nipple feels like it's now permanently attached to your little squish? You've got a cluster feeder....
Think you're pregnant or trying to conceive? You're probably wondering what kind of pregnancy test should I buy? These 5 questions will help you choose which is best for you, and we'll give you our pick for the best one. So you can answer the question for yourself on...
Want to give your breastfed baby a bottle, but worried about them starting to prefer the bottle over breast? Paced feeding is a great way to initiate bottle feeding, and I'll share how and why I chose paced feeding with my breastfed babies. I've breastfed for over 6...
Just found out your pregnant, or maybe wondering if you are? These first month pregnancy tips will help you get started. The first few weeks of pregnancy can be stressful and also blissful. These are three tips to help you get started at the very beginning, and I've...
Another year over, and a new one about to begin. As I write this it is 8:21pm on December 31, 2019. We are about to start a new decade. Like so many others, we are taking a minute to look back first. These are our top 10 viewed posts of 2019 here at Mom Uprising. They...
Tired? Stressed? Ready to let it all go and start putting yourself first? Let's do it, mama. Get started with these 10 self-care inspiration posts we totally love. It's easy to get stuck in a rut, and sometimes just a simple image can break you out of your stickiness...
Expecting twins and want to tandem breastfeed? There are so many questions, right? Like what are the logistics? What is the best way to breastfeed twins? I got you. Keep reading to find out how I made it work. Breastfeeding one baby can be an awkward learning curve,...
Wife or partner pregnant? Have no idea what to do now? Start with these 3 must-know first trimester tips for husbands and partners. The first trimester has so many new challenges to tackle. It is easily the least favorite trimester of most moms between the hormones...
In a bit of a self-care rut and need some inspo? These 6 self-care blogs will give you a little push to get yourself back into some super helpful self-care practices that work for you. I thought my self-care game was on point, but just perusing through these blogs I...
Planning to breastfeed? It can be tough, mama. But you're tough too. These newborn breastfeeding tips are what I found helped me the most in my 6+ years of breastfeeding. When you're just starting to breastfeed with your newborn, whether this is your first or tenth...